Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mind Over Matter/Hello, Collarbones!

I can see my collarbones. Clearly. Not in a creepy, I'm part skeleton kind of way, but in a "wow, now that my fat is disappearing I can see my skeletal structure again!". My body is finally reaching my ideal for myself. My body is still curvy, and I look womanly, but I'm more...compact? I want to start doing some yoga, and more toning exercises to kind of tighten up. I'd be happy to stay at this weight, and get more athletic and capable of working with my body, rather than against it. That being said, losing another five pounds wouldn't depress me ;)

I took my husky running today again, and it didn't go so well. Part of the problem, I think, is that Bandit was used to pulling me, on rollerblades. I could skate as fast as he could run, so he'd get to sprint, and I'd even let him pull me for a while. I mean, he's a husky. That's what he's built for, and what he loves to do. I can't wait until it snows a lot, and I can go ski-joring/cross country skiing with him. However, for running, I don't want him pulling-- I want him on the side of me. When I switched the leash to the front of his harness, he was better. I think what I need to do is teach him that when the leash is hooked to the front of his harness, he doesn't pull, but when it's on the back, he can.

I actually ended up calling my husband to come meet us and pick him up, because I was becoming so frustrated, that it wasn't enjoyable, and probably not so beneficial for either of us. Once he picked him up, I was left driving by this really barren field, and so the wind was so difficult to run against. I started feeling exhausted, and frustrated-- I just felt like falling over when I got home and crying. When I was less than half a mile from my house, however, I decided that I didn't want to do another "re-run" later on in the day because I didn't like the way my first run went. The only person who was going to make my run shitty or a success was me. So, I bucked up, ran past my road, and went for another mile. And you know what? I was tired, but the rest of the way was great. Whereas before I was running only 1 minute and a half stints, I was running 5 or 6 minutes no problem, and walking for twenty to thirty seconds before running again. My body wasn't too tired, my mind was-- and when I decided to run, and not let my mind give up, it was a great run. I can push my body to do many things, but I think what I need to work on is making myself agree that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment