Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey Trot!

So tomorrow, I've got my first Turkey Trot! I hesitate calling it a race, since it's only 2 miles, and not even a 5k-- nor am I going to be able to beat anyone (I don't plan on running very fast-- just fast enough to finish!). But I am, all the same, very excited! I went and picked up my first packet today, and got my first race shirt! I'm not quite sure why I'm nervous-- I ran 5 miles a couple of days ago, and today, I ran a very quick two miles (well, quick for me!) and I don't doubt I'll be able to make the two miles for the trot tomorrow. I think it's just excitement of the day-- I'm also very excited at the idea of not just running today, but also running everyday until New Years. I also got an advert in my packet for the Wisconsin Marathon and Half-Marathon, which I think I might sign up for! The idea that I think I could do a half marathon is kind of shocking to me, but also very exciting!

Tomorrow, with two different Thanksgivings to attend, I'm hoping I can do a good job with portion control. My normal diet is very healthy-- probably about 50 percent raw, and the rest as non-processed as possible, with a nice dose of protein. Though I've been eating healthier like this for the past three months or so (maybe longer?), I still have a super difficult time limiting myself when there is food in front of me. I have a hard time saying "no", especially since I love all of those foods! My goal is going to be to feel free to try everything, but a VERY small amount of each--excluding veggies, of course.

Anyways, I'm excited for tomorrow, and I'll be posting pictures of me running!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. YAY to your awesome pace and distance! I have been having issues with distance due to leg/feet issues. How did the race go?? Happy late Thanksgiving btw!

    ReplyDelete