Saturday, November 26, 2011

Slowly Turning Into a Runner...

I keep feeling as though someone is going to see me running and say, "Ohhh, she's not a real runner! Don't be fooled, everyone! She's faking it!"

However, I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I feel as though I will be able to tell people, "Yes. I am a Runner."

I'm not sure when that point is going to be-- in the past two weeks, I've run just a little over 40 miles. Will I need to hit one hundred miles? Will I need to have run for a full month, first? Will I have to run a mile in under 10 minutes?

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm waiting for. Maybe it's that I have no cool running gear? I've got a few pairs of leggings, one race shirt, and a bunch of random 'big shirts' that I wear, an old bra. a very tight sports bra, and a pair of 12 dollar running shoes. Maybe once I get myself a new pair of running shoes and a tech shirt, I'll call myself a runner?

Whatever the goal is...it'll happen.

But just to be sure, I'll make sure I run another 30 miles in the next week, try to run under ten minutes on my short run, and perhaps buy a cheap new pair of running socks.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment